The British Council builds trust and creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries.
The British Council is committed to:
- Ensuring that there is no unjustified discrimination in its recruitment, selection, performance management and other processes;
- Treating individuals with whom we work with fairness, dignity and respect;
- Contributing to removing barriers caused by inequality and unjustified discrimination.
When we talk about equal opportunity and diversity, we focus on seven main areas:
- Gender (which includes transgender)
- Religion/belief and culture
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
- Work-life balance
We believe in mainstreaming equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). Mainstreaming means building diversity into all processes and functions, considering it as part of policy decisions and building it into the planning of programmes and projects
Find out more information about Equality, diversity and inclusion policy on our global website