The British Council together with REMIX Summits announces the open call to participate in a two-day workshop for Russian arts professionals who would like to develop their institutions and projects in the realm of culture and digital.
The workshop will be facilitated by Simon Cronshaw - entrepreneur and co-founder of REMIX Summits.
The workshop is part of the professional development programme "Future Culture".
About the workshop
Across the two days, we will explore new ideas and strategies to use technology in innovative ways, and how to implement them in practice, across each of the following areas in turn:
- audience development and distribution channels
- reimagining the visitor experience at a cultural activity (pre-, during, post-)
- creation of new interactive and meaningful artistic experiences
- management and operational efficiencies
- models for creating new culture and technology collaborations.
How to apply
We invite professionals from culture sector involved in developing marketing and digital strategies within their organisations to apply.
- relevant experience in marketing and digital in culture of at least 3 years
- decision-making authority and ability to implement knowledge and skills gained at the workshop in your organisation
- high motivation to participate in the workshop
- confident English (Upper-Intermediate/Advanced)
- you must have a Russian citizenship, be based and work in Russia and be over 18 years old
- we encourage application from candidates who have never participated in similar seminars by the British Council.
Please fill in the application form by 23:59 February 18 (Moscow time).
This workshop is free. Please be aware that the British Council will not cover transport and accommodation costs.
Successful applications will be contacted by the British Council by 22 February 2018
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to try and avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights.
About the trainer
Simon Cronshaw - cultural entrepreneur, co-founder of the global REMIX Summits on Culture, Technology and Entrepreneurship. Produced in partnership with partners Google, Bloomberg and The Guardian, REMIX is attended by thousands of creative leaders worldwide. Summits take place annually in London, NYC, Sydney and Dubai. 2017 also launched Creative State Summit, produced for Creative Victoria. In 2014-16, Simon supported creative start-ups from across Europe as part of a major European Union project, E-Space. The role of REMIX was to manage the monetisation and business modelling outcomes, including intensive mentoring and incubation support. Simon has co-authored a number of books and thought papers on cultural entrepreneurship: Intelligent Naivety (2009), Golf, Art & Spa Days (2014), The Big Ticket Questions (2016).