The British Council invites teachers across Russia to celebrate Science Week in Schools and take part in a competition for the best lesson plan on science and technology. All participants will receive certificates while three winners will travel to the UK in 2018!
The competition is a part of the UK-Russia Year of Science and Education 2017 — a series of high profile events in the fields of science, education and culture intended to stimulate further scientific collaboration between the two countries.
- Design a lesson plan (no more than 1,000 words and in Russian) in any discipline on topics related to the use of science and technology in different sectors.
Please see the Terms and Conditions below for more information on the lesson plans.
- Send your lesson plan to firstname.lastname@example.org from 1 September to 31 October 2017. Please make sure to include the following details along with your submission: your name, date of birth, contact details including email address and telephone number, city of residence, school number or name of the educational institution where you work.
In the subject line please specify: «Наука будущего»: конкурс для учителей.
To apply, you must:
- Be a teacher of any discipline at a general education school, a specialist music or performing arts school and/or a boarding school in Russia
- Hold Russiancitizenship
- Be aged 18 or over
For full details, please download the terms and conditions document below.
Additional materials for competition participants
To help teachers across Russia prepare for Science Week in Schools, we designed a Teachers’ Pack. The pack can be used to inspire competition entries or even as a ready-made teaching resource to dip into during science lessons.
The pack includes lesson plans, exercises and assignments for students, videos, recommendations for class discussions and useful links. The pack also features lessons on the impact of 3D printing on society; the design of aircraft; the search for life on the satellite of Saturn and more.
The Teachers’ Pack (in Russian and English) is available for free download and no registration is required.
The authors of the three best lesson plans will win a one-week professional development trip to the UK in 2018 to learn about teaching in UK schools.
The prize also includes:
- Return flights from the winner’s city of residence to London
- UK visa fee
- Accommodation for the duration of the trip
- Medical insurance
- Transfers in the UK
The competition winners will be selected by a panel of experts from the Academy of Professional Development and Vocational Training for Educationalists, the Moscow Resource Centre, the Russian Textbook Corporation and the British Council.
Criteria for selection will include creativity in the approach to designing material on a scientific topic, originality of the project and educational value, as well as an interdisciplinary approach to the task.
The results of the competition will be published on the British Council website and social media channels on 30 November 2017.
Participants will receive certificates via e-mail.