In Russia, IELTS is not administered by the British Council, but by BKC IELTS Centre, operating in the local market since 2005.
You can register for IELTS quickly and easily at our partner’s website, where you can also see the test dates.
To register, simply follow the steps below:
1 Read the information for candidates
Download and read the Information for Candidates (PDF). It contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for candidates under the age of 16.
2 Decide which version of the test is right for you
There are two versions of the IELTS test:
IELTS General Training
Read our simple guide to help you decide which version of the test is right for you.
3 Check the IELTS test dates
There is a limited number of places for all our IELTS test sessions. To make sure you get a place, we recommend that you register two months before your chosen test date. Of course, places may be available after this date. You can find up-to-date information about test dates and availability on our partner’s webpage.
Please note: Your Listening, Reading and Writing test will be completed on the same day. Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day, or up to a week before or after your main test day. You will receive notification in advance if your Speaking test is on a different day to your main test day.
4. Register online
You can register on our partner's website: www.ielts.su/near_date
Please ensure you are able to provide the documents in step 5 and are able to pay using one of the payment methods in step 6.
5. Prepare and send your documents
Please make sure you scan and send ALL of the following documents when you register for your test:
- A copy of the test payment receipt, if the payment was done in a bank.
- A copy of the candidate’s passport (page with photo). It can be an internal or foreign passport. The passport specified in the application form must be with the candidate both during the exam and when receiving the certificate.
- A copy of the second passport (page with photo). It can be internal or foreign passport, depending which document you have specified in the application form.
- An application form to register for the IELTS international test in English, signed in ink. A signed application for registration means you agree with the terms and conditions of the IELTS test, as provided in the contract, which we strongly encourage you to read. When filling out the application form, under 18 year olds will need a written consent of their legal representative.
- A scanned copy of the Candidate Declaration, signed in ink, if the documents are sent via e-mail.
- A consent to the processing of personal data.
6 Choose your payment options
You can pay for your test in one of the following ways:
i) Online through the application form
ii) Via a bank transfer
You can find the bank details on our partner's website.
In the REFERENCE section of your payment please write: [IELTS / family name / city / test date]
Once you have made the payment, please send the bank transfer receipt with the rest of your registration documents
7. Complete your registration
Send all documents from step 5 and your Application Summary to email@example.com
All the documents should be sent within five working days of your online registration. Unfortunately, if the documents are not received within five working days, your application will be cancelled. It is not possible to process incomplete applications, so please make sure you have sent all the necessary information.
Copies of your results
If you would like your results to be sent to universities or other educational institutions, please enter the relevant addresses in the appropriate fields on the online registration form. We can issue a maximum of five copies per student.
8. After you register
The test venue is announced three days before the test date. The venue address, map and description are published on ielts.su in the "Test venue" section.
If you have any enquiries or further questions, please call +7 (495) 255-02-36 (Moscow), 8-800-100-76-50 (a toll free number across all Russia) or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.