The British Council is delighted to present the all-Russian Cultural Management Workshops (CMW) Programme, an intensive educational course for professionals working in the cultural sector, including literature, theatre and film festival curators, museum and gallery managers, club promoters, librarians, representatives of city administration, foundations and NGOs.
British Council Russia has already run the CMW programme in 7 Russian cities. In 2011-2012 there was a series of seminars in Moscow; in 2012-2014 we held workshops in six cities of the Russian north, the programme was called Cultural Upgrade and it was supported by Severstal.
This year the programme will be significantly expanded. In February – March 2016 there will be ten workshops held in ten Russian cities including Ekaterinburg, Kaliningrad, Kazan, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Rostov-on-Don, Saint-Petersburg, Samara, Saransk and Volgograd.
Alongside the workshops there will be also lectures by the invited British trainers for wider audience. Both workshops and talks will be held in English with consecutive Russian translation.
The general theme of the workshops will be Arts Marketing and Audience Development and the following topics will be covered:
- Research, problem analysis and project idea development
- Audience Development & Marketing
- Successful programming
- Enterprise business skills
- Digital technologies in cultural management
Goals and Results
The programme aims to make the local cultural community more entrepreneurial, reflective, outward-looking, confident and receptive to further development and wider social engagement.
Taking part in the Cultural Management Workshop will give you the following opportunities:
- to learn from the best practice of the UK arts sector;
- to establish effective communication with your audience, to create strong links with local community, to gain practical knowledge of marketing in cultural sector that can be implemented in your day-to-day working practice;
- to meet your British and Russian peers and to build networks for professional exchange and potential partnerships.
The programme is designed specifically for personnel of state and private cultural institutions across all art forms (theatres, libraries, museums, galleries, art/fashion/design/film/music festivals, etc.).
- middle and senior level management
- at least 3 years of work experience in the cultural sector
- English (optional, workshops are held in English with Russian translation)
The format of each CMW is a 2-day intensive training course led by a British consultant, combining individual tasks with team work and public presentations. The group of 25 participants will be led by a guest UK trainer.
Our trainers are experts from the Morris Hargreaves McIntyre (MHM) Agency. More information.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CONDITIONS
To apply for the workshop, please complete the APPLICATION FORM (please, find the attached file below).
Forms and deadlines for submission of application below according to the cities.
The workshops are free of charge; the organisers do not cover accommodation or transfer of participants.
Workshops and lectures are held in English with consecutive Russian translation.
Submission of applications
Телефон: + 7 495 287 18 20
Administration and Partnership
Телефоны: +7 495 287 18 04; + 7 903 135 45 27