The Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy in Moscow is pleased to announce an open call for Russian regional cultural organisations to collaborate with UK partners. The aim of the programme is to showcase contemporary UK art to Russian audiences in different cities and to help regional institutions establish relationships with UK cultural partners.
We invite regional art institutions (outside Moscow) that have the desire and potential for international collaboration with the UK to take part in this programme. Art institutions include Russian museums, galleries, art centres, libraries, theatres, concert halls, cinemas and other venues; festivals, art fairs, event agencies; educational platforms, and digital platforms. For any eligibility questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This call for applications is part of the UK – Russia Creative Bridge programme 2020-2021
Types of collaborations include:
- Showcases of different UK art forms: visual art, design and architecture exhibitions, classical or contemporary music performances, film festivals, fashion shows and catwalks, theatre performances, festivals, and art fairs
- Educational events of all kinds involving UK cultural professionals: professional development workshops, forums, conferences, short-term courses, series of public talks and lectures, creative residencies
- Development of new pieces of collaborative art with the UK, e.g. film and music album releases, book publications (rights won’t be passed to the Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy in Moscow)
- Mobile apps, educational websites, and other digital platforms promoting UK art
Collaborations can be both online and offline but are be subject to international travel restrictions/quarantine and Russian national and city-level policy relating to COVID-19 including guidelines for events, physical distancing, etc.
Criteria for applicants:
- Applicants should represent cultural organisations from any Russian city (museums, galleries, art spaces / centres, libraries, theatres, concert halls, cinemas and other venues etc.)
- The event/project should take place outside Moscow and involve an audience from the regional city that the applicant is based. This programme is designed to develop the international capacity of the cultural sector in the Russian regions outside of the capital
- The organisation must have existed for at least 3 years (since the date of registration in State Register of Legal Entities), be key player in the local cultural sector, have a loyal audience and a recognisable brand
- It is desirable that the organisation has experience of international cultural collaboration (including contracting foreign organisations and making currency payments)