The Institutional Links project offers long-term grants to support partnerships between universities and research centres in Russia and UK. The grants offered range between £200,000 and £300,000, based on three years of cooperation.
The Institutional Links project aims to achieve the following goals:
- Initiation of new applied Russian-UK research and technological innovations
- Strengthening existing links at the level of scientific groups, units and organisations
- Involvement of non-academic organisations in the Russian-UK research cooperation with the aim of transferring knowledge and technology and achieving tangible results.
The Institutional Links project is delivered by the British Council in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation as part of the UK-Russia Year of Science and Education 2017.
As a result of the joint competition, the British Council and the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation will support three applied scientific research projects from Russia-UK during 2018-2020.
Priority areas of scientific knowledge for the Institutional Links project in Russia:
- Physics and space science
- Cognitive disorders
- Environmental challenges and climate change.
Grants under the Institutional Links project can be used to cover the following expenses:
- The costs of joint research, including the remuneration of academic staff
- Travel expenses for scientists, students and employees of organisations leading the project, as well as associated project partners
The grant may partially cover other costs related directly to research (including equipment, consumables and access to the necessary infrastructure), but this expenditure item should not exceed 30% of the total grant amount. The duration of the project is 36 months, starting in April 2018.
Two applications are to be submitted for entry to the competition. This includes one to the British Council and another to the competition in the framework of the Federal Targeted Program (FTP) "R&D in priority areas of development of Russia's scientific and technological complex for 2014-2020". The deadline for applications is 19 September 2017, 16.00 GMT. Please note that applications sent after this date will not be considered.
We recommend that you read the competition documentation available for download below.