Moscow School of Contemporary Art (MSCA) in partnership with the Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy in Moscow will conduct a series of public talks with invited UK experts on art education.
Director of MSCA Mikhail Levin will discuss with UK colleagues a number of questions related to art education in both countries:
- At what stage is art education nowadays?
- What are the challenges that the educational system currently faces?
- What are the benefits of the UK educational system that make it more adaptive?
- Which role does art education play in the artist’s creative carrier and identity?
- How the approach to art education has changed within the last 50 years?
- What skills and tools do students need to be taught nowadays?
- How has the online format changed the approach to art education?
- What are the future perspectives of art education?
22 December 2020, Tuesday, 19:00
Traditions vs innovations: challenges of art education in the 21st century
By Juan Cruz, artist, professor, and principal at Edinburgh College of Art
Watch the recorded lecture here
9 February 2021, Tuesday, 19:00
Refusal from “the master”: contemporary approach to teaching art practice
By Timothy Hyman, British figurative painter, art writer, and curator, Royal Academician
All events will be held on Zoom in English with simultaneous translation into Russian
Public talks are held within UK-Russia Creative Bridge Programme 2020-21 organised by the Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy in Moscow with the support of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office