The Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy in Moscow in partnership with the Universal University is launching a 4-month Creative Entrepreneurship for Women programme that will take place from 1 November 2021 to 28 February 2022. The course will be run online with a final offline closing event held at the Universal University in Moscow, Russia. The project is part of the international UK – Russia Creative Bridge 2021-2022 programme.
UK – Russia Creative Bridge 2020-2022 is a professional development programme that aims to connect cultural professionals and artists in Russia and the UK and create new opportunities for both individuals and cultural institutions that desire to work with the UK arts sector.
About the programme
The Creative Entrepreneurship for Women programme will support 30 Russian women to develop their businesses in the arts and creative industries. The programme will empower them by providing hard skills as well as creating a safe space for them to share experiences, challenges and strategies, helping build their professional confidence, self-belief and agency to progress. The program is co-designed by two curators Ellen O’Hara (UK) and Alyona Bocharova (Russia). Participation in the programme is free of charge.
The 4-month programme includes:
- November - December 2021 - weekly 4-hour workshops on Mondays (10:00-15:00 led by experienced UK and Russian practitioners in creative industries;
- November - December 2021 - weekly inspirational talks on Thursdays (18:00-19:30) with UK and Russian successful female creative entrepreneurs;
- January - February 2022 - an individual mentorship scheme for all the participants;
- The final closing event offline in Moscow
The programme will cover the following essential topics in running a creative business:
- Strategic Planning & Management
- Brand Management
- Sales & Marketing Channels
- Project Management
- Business & Revenue models
- Financial Management
- Social Impact
- Community Building