British Council Russia and British Fashion Council would like to offer 5 industry professionals, Buyers or Press working in Russian fashion sector an opportunity to attend the London Fashion Week 16-20 February 2018 and to meet and engage with their UK and International colleagues.
London Fashion Week organised by the British Fashion Council aims to promote British fashion design worldwide and attracts an international audience of key UK and International fashion leaders, retailers and press who attend this biannual showcase for British designer fashion.
The main purpose of the visit is to give an opportunity to the Russian professionals to gain unique access to and insights into the UK fashion industry, as well as providing an opportunity to make a wide range of business contacts that will act as a springboard for future business/collaborations between the UK and internationally.
The opportunity will take the form of a week-long industry visit to London, comprising of the following activities:
- accreditation to London Fashion Week as International Buyer or Press
- attendance at the London Fashion Week Designers Showrooms
- access to Designer’s PR and Sales Directors contacts for catwalk tickets request
- attendance at the London Fashion Week shows, upon invitation from designers
- networking events as part of the London Fashion Week
- business meetings with relevant UK peers
- attendance at openings of related fashion exhibitions at the time of the visit
- meeting with British Council ADF team
- a free day for their own business meetings.
How to participate
The participants will be selected through an open call, and the selection panel will include British Fashion Council, British Council London ADF team and British Council Russia.
The delegates would represent the Russian fashion industry meeting the following criteria:
- at least 3 years of work experience in Fashion retail (buyers, inc e-commerce) or Fashion media
To ensure that public funding is used in a fair open, transparent, objective &non-discriminatory way participants should demonstrate the following minimum criteria:
- be entrepreneurial and have shown their ability in the promotion of that creative sector in their country, in either a commercial’ media or public context
- through their character, drive and abilities, demonstrate their potential to be a future leader of the sector in their country and a future partner for the UK
- have English language skills to IELTS 6 - ‘competent user’ or above (no certificate required).
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please send us your CV and a statement letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 18 December 2017.
The British Council will fully cover visas, flights, accommodation, local transfer and arrange a business, educational and entertainment programme. Successful applicants will be expected to cover all meals independently.
The British Council will conduct the selection process in line with its equality and diversity policies.
This opportunity is delivered as part of the British Council’s Future Culture programme.
British Fashion Council
The British Fashion Council (BFC) was set up in 1983 to promote British fashion internationally and co-ordinate this promotion through fashion weeks, exhibitions and showcasing events. The BFC now supports designers beginning at college level and extending to talent identification, business support and showcasing schemes to help British designer businesses develop their profiles and business globally and promote British fashion and its influential role in Britain and London. The BFC Colleges Council offers support to students through its Foundation, BA and MA scholarships, links with industry through design competitions and Graduate Preview Day. Talent identification and business support schemes include BFC Fashion Film; BFC Rock Vault; BFC Headonism; BFC/GQ Designer Menswear Fund; BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund and NEWGEN. The BFC supports Boden’s Future British initiative. The BFC also runs and owns charities including the BFC Fashion Arts Foundation, the BFC Fashion Trust and the BFC Education Foundation. Showcasing initiatives and events include London Fashion Week, London Fashion Week Men’s, LONDON show ROOMS, International Fashion Showcase, London Fashion Week Festival and the annual celebration of excellence in the fashion industry: The Fashion Awards.