Deadline: 31 October 2020
The Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy in Moscow launches the closed grants scheme for participants of the Future Culture programme in 2017-2020. The aim of the grants scheme is to support online and offline cultural projects initiated as a result of your previous Future Culture involvement.
Future Culture programme 2017-2020 included:
- Russian delegations to key industry events in the UK such as the ABO Music Conference, Celtic Connections, Design Connections, Edinburgh International Festival, The Great Escape, London Fashion Week, REMIX, Sheffield DocFest, Unlimited Festival, etc.;
- UK study tours for Russian cultural leaders in the fields of visual arts, literature and publishing, music, architecture and design
- Leadership in Culture in XX century programme in partnership with King’s College London;
- Individual bursaries for professional development in the UK;
- Workshops in Russian regions including, Cultural Skills Academy and Museum Leadership School in partnership with Vladimir Potanin Foundation; workshops on urban development in partnership with Create London and Strelka Institute for Media; Architecture and Design, grant scheme for regional cultural institutions, and other activities.
The aim of the programme is to support the continued development of international online and offline projects initiated by the applicants as a result of their previous engagement in Future Culture activities.
We are looking for:
- Showcases across the art forms: festivals, theatre performances, concerts, exhibitions
- Educational events: conferences, seminars, public talks, residencies
- Creating a new piece of work: book publication, film or music release (copyright on new work created will not be owned by the Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy in Moscow)
- Mobile apps, educational websites, and platforms that promote contemporary UK art
Projects can be organised online and/or offline but may be subject to continually changing international travel restrictions/quarantine and Russian national and city-level policy relating to COVID-19 including guidelines for events, physical distancing, etc.