- Date: Tuesday 18th January 2022
- Starting time: 10 am UK time / 1pm Moscow time
- Format: Webinar on Zoom, lasting 2 hours
The Russian games market is an enigma for UK companies. The market potential is huge with a large, and highly engaged audience and yet UK games companies have struggled to find ways of reaching this audience and had even less engagement with the thriving games development and publishing community in the market.
Even though the share of game developers' income from Russian players is less than 2% of the entire world market, Russia is nevertheless interesting as a participant in the gaming market: Russia entered the TOP-5 countries in terms of the number of downloads of mobile games in 2020. The Russian company Playrix ranked 3rd in the world in terms of profitability in the mobile games segment. The Russian market receives most of the revenue from foreign users (app. 76%), by 2022 the revenue is likely to be increased up to 80%.
In this event UK games companies will hear from leaders in the Russian games industry on the opportunities that exist today and in the future. Speakers will cover topics including latest market trends, the publishing and investment landscape, how the industry is connected with education and how to protect your IP.
Speakers include –
- Neil Semple, Creative Content Lead, DIT London
- Oleg Nesterenko, Managing Editor, GameWorldObserver.com: Latest consumer trends and market demographics
- Dmitriy Byshonkov, Global Business Development Manager, MY.GAMES and Roman Goroshkin, Business Development Manager, MY.GAMES: How to sell and promote game sales in Russia
- Julia Gurieva, Senior Associate, Hogan Lovells: The key issues aroound IP rights in the Russian gaming industry
- Pavel Pogorelenko, General Partner, GAME-A: The investment landscape in Russia
- Oleg Dobroshtan, Chief Talent Officer, 101xp and Ekaterina Cherkes-Zade, Director, Universal University: Talent development for the games industry
- Matt Murphy, CEO Genba Digital
- Alexander Semenov, Editor-in-Chief, App2Top
- Viacheslav Utochkin, Co-Founder, Geeky House
- Kirill Gurskiy, Games & Entertainment Leader, GEM Capital
- Roman Gurskiy, Games & Entertainment Leader, GEM Capital
- Dmitriy Byshonkov, Global Business Development Manager, MY.GAMES
- Roman Goroshkin, Business Development Manager, MY.GAMES
Registration is required to attend this event and a Zoom link will be sent prior to the event – please, register here.